Thank you La Salita Cafe for nominating me for the Liebster award. Please check out their blog. This is an award passed around the blogging community to those who have fewer than 200 followers. Kind of a “hey we noticed you … stick with it” encouragement. Nice.
HERE ARE THE OFFICIAL RULES:
1. You must have been nominated in order to nominate other bloggers.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog to your post.
3. Follow the blog of the person who nominated you.
4. Answer the 11 questions they’ve asked you.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers who have 200 followers or fewer for the award.
6. Create a new list of 11 questions to the nominees OR ask them to provide 11 random facts about themselves.
7. Inform the nominees that you nominated them once you’ve posted about your Liebster Award.
So here are the 11 questions I was asked by La Salita Cafe:
1. When did you decide to become a Blogger and Why?
September 2014. It was actually an assignment for a class I’m taking on Social Media marketing. But now, I might just keep with it.
2. What do you do on days when you just can’t write?
I don’t write. Staring at a blank page and stressing about it just slows down the process.
3. What’s the most egregious writing cliché you’re guilty of committing?
Ha! Too many to name here.
4. What is the meaning of success to you?
Not sure I have one. It’s an overrated concept.
5. Have you ever dropped your phone in the toilet? Elaborate!
Yes! It was in the back pocket of my jeans. I visited the rest room during an activity at my children’s school. I think you can do the math.
6. What event in nature takes your breath away?
Watching the leatherback turtles nest on the beaches of Puerto Rico.
7. What is your favorite book of all time?
To Kill a Mockingbird
8. What is your hidden talent?
If you need someone to build a mean Excel spreadsheet, I’m your man.
9. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 16-year-old self?
10. What is the nicest thing that somebody has ever done for/to you?
Wow, so many to pick from. But if I had to name just one, I’d say it was when my kids found random objects while we were in a hotel room in Spain and made letters to spell out “I Love You” across the wood floor. I have a picture of it.
11. If you had the opportunity to have ANY one person as your mentor, whom would it be and why?
Meryl Streep. Where does all that creativity come from? Plus, she’s one classy human being.
My Fellow Nominees: You must answer the same 11 questions above!